The Timberwolves and I are friends on Facebook. Out of all my friends, they have the best status updates. They promote deals on tickets and boast about an addition to the organization. They never post drippy, woe is me status updates and if any of my friends have the right to be a little down it’s the Timberwolves.
Their latest update is my favorite. Top Ten Timberwolves moments and as a friend, I get to help decide which moments those are. Here are my top ten:
10. Draft day trade for Randy Foye.
9. When the team hung a banner for having the best record in the NBA for the month of January.
8. Mispelling Wolves on the Read to Achive poster.
7. Kevin McHale.
6. The run to the Western Conference finals.
5. Stanley Roberts and Oliver Miller.
4. Each time KG punched Wally during practice, because then I knew we had a season.
3. The salad years with Flip. Win 50 games and get hammered in the first round of the playoffs.
2. Signing Joe Smith and setting the franchise back for, well they’ve never stopped reeling.
1. David Kahn and Ricky Rubio.